Brookside Farm CS, nr Worcester


     We stopped here en route to North Wales. We stayed here when we went up to the Lakes and is a good stop over and close to the |M6.  The only downside is that there is no electricity and I'm told that the toilets and shower block are quite rudimentary.  Not that it affects us as we always use our facilities and we've got a solar panel to keep the battery topped up.  There's a  lovely lily pond which can be fished but a licence is required.





    As we arrived relative early, I took myself off to Spetisbury Park Gardens to look around and see the many sculptures on view. It was a lovely afternoon and I found benches to sit on in the shade all around the gardens. Lovely and peaceful.

 







     Went out to The Oak for a meal again. We went there the last time that we were at the site.  Unfortunately, the seafood linguine wasn't on the menu this time.  The food was still very good.  Mike had the steak which was cooked just as he wanted and I had surf 'n turf gumbo which was also very good. We shared a starter which was lively with cold meats, sun dried Tom's, mozzarella and breads with dip. That would have satisfied us alone so we were unable to finish our main meal.
     The last time that we were here, I took a shine to the various gins on offer but couldn't partake as I had volunteered to drive.   No problem, I just asked them to put a double Quince Gin & tonic in my jogging water bottle so I could enjoy it when we got back to the caravan! Lovely :)

No comments:

Post a Comment