Fordingbridge

 Midgham and Somerley Road, Fordingbridge

Friday 19th June

    Arrived to a mown grassed area at the end of a driveway with fields of horses.  The site is extremely quiet.  All you can hear are birds in the wooded area next door.  Unfortunately you can't get into the woods as it is private land.  Nor are there any circular walks but there is a walk across the road and over to Alderholt but on this occasion, we didn't do that walk.

    We arrived with Carol & John and we set up our units so that we could have cover outside if required (sun or wet weather).


We chilled whilst C&J dealt with their dogs. I am glad we don't have dogs.


    Carol and I went into Fordingbridge (Carol's car) to get some provisions and have a look around.






 Carol also cooked dinner - a lovely roast chicken and she had gooseberry crumble for afters. Mmmmmm.

 

    We have just upgraded our mattresses so we're interested in what our night would be like.  Mike slept better than me but I don't know whether I didn't because of the mattress or something else.

 

Saturday 20th



   Josey and Bob joined us in their camper van.  We all have a really good laugh when we get together.  

    During the day we played a few games one that Josey bought - throwing a beanbag into a hole and one we had, Petange. Strangely, Mike and I won that making us think we may be able to play when we go to France in September.





The weather wasn't as warm as Friday but was perfectly OK for a BBQ that Mike did.  Josey bought salads and pittas.  Again it was lovely. 



    We paid our dues by cash to the house opposite.  We had make an envelope as we never take them away with us.  


 

Sunday 21st

    Again not a very good night's sleep for me but I don't think it's the mattress.  I'll use it for the festival we are going to next weekend then make a decision about it.

No one really want breakfast as we had rather a lot of food at the BBQ so after coffee and more chilling we packed up for home.

A wonderful site and probably our go to place fir peace and quiet.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment